The sale of your business is often the reward for many years of hard work, focus and dedication. Yet only one opportunity arises to produce a good commercial outcome.
It is critical that you evaluate options and plan the exit strategy well before you plan to sell. It is equally important to ensure that the business is prepared appropriately for sale.
We can discuss advantages, disadvantages and likelihood of success for each divestment approach:
- Trade sale.
- Management buy in/out.
- Private equity sale.
- Initial Public Offering (IPO).
- Generational succession.
Preparing a Business for Sale
Before the sale process commences it is important that the business is:
- Sale Ready – the fundamentals are in place that purchasers/investors require before they invest.
- Attractive as possible to ensure that sales proceeds are maximised and residual risk is minimised.
We will work closely with you to ensure that your business is ready by evaluating and advising you on:
- Stage of business development.
- Financial performance of the business.
- Growth prospects.
- Competitive position.
- Existing financial structure and position.
- Financial reporting and forecasting.
- Corporate structure.
- Existing capital structure.
After assessing sale readiness and determining the preferred divestment strategy approach, we can assist you with the sale process:
- Structuring the transaction to maximise post-sale proceeds.
- Identifying potential purchasers.
- Preparing information memoranda for interested parties.
- Managing the due diligence process.
- Leading negotiations or assisting you with them.
- Managing the completion process.
Cross Border Capability
Our team works in key markets in Asia, the EU and the USA. We can provide specialist support and advice on local markets, access to offshore purchasers as well as organising tax structuring advice.